Thinking about selling your home this Spring or Summer?
Social distancing has many of us feeling cooped up! If you’re planning on putting your home on the market this spring or summer, here are 5 things to help you get ready, while practicing social distancing.
- De-Clutter Living Areas: Clutter can make spaces look smaller, and you’re not selling your stuff. Do a clean sweep of counters, windowsills, tables, and all other visible areas.
- Tackle those closets: One of the top priorities buyers have is ample storage space. Make sure your closets, garage, cabinets, pantry, and any other storage you might have is tidy. If possible, take items out of those spaces, it will make the space look larger.
- Paint: Freshly painted rooms look and feel clean. The dings, scratches, and scuffs have added up over the years, and a fresh coat of paint will revive the space. Just remember to stick to neutral colors.
- Think about curb appeal: A first impression means a lot – make sure your potential buyers first impression is a great one. If you have great curb appeal it will inspire buyers to stop by an open house (or view online) or schedule a tour to see more! By putting a little effort in some relatively easy fixes, like planting colorful flowers, or repainting your front door.
- Make a plan for showings: We are in uncharted territory with the current pandemic, but that doesn’t mean you should stop showing your house completely. With extra precautions, both buyer and sellers will be able to rest a bit easier. First and foremost, if you are feeling at all ill – stay home. Show your home as invitation only, ask that shoes be left at the door, provide gloves, booties, and masks for the potential buyer. Have disinfectant ready to clean the space after each showing and provide hand sanitizer and soap.
One of the best resources you can have as a buyer or seller is a trusted expert, Jackson Hole Real Estate Associates can be that for you. With over 40 years of representing Jackson Hole, we know the ins and outs of our market. Contact us with any questions, one of our trusted professionals will help you every step of the way.